Lane’s End entered the 2010 Keeneland September Sale with a top-notch consignment of promising young yearlings, and that was borne out by the results of Book 1. September’s select portion saw 20 Lane’s End horses sell for $9,315,000. That put Lane’s End on top of all other consignors by gross. Those 20 horses averaged $465,750, which compares very favorably to the Book 1 average of $348,858. Highlights included:
• Distorted Humor–Angel’s Nest colt, bred by Flaxman Holdings, who brought $2.05 million. Flag Lake #2 purchased the chestnut, who topped session two and was the sale’s second-highest-priced yearling;
• Giant’s Causeway–Spunoutacontrol colt, bred by Colts Neck Stable, purchased by Kaleem Shah for $950,000;
• Bernardini–Private Status colt, bred by Lane’s End, BCWT and Inwood Stable, purchased by Shadwell for $800,000;
• Distorted Humor–Oneofacat colt, bred by Colts Neck Stable, purchased by Shadwell for $700,000;
• Unbridled’s Song–Soul Search filly, bred by Lane’s End and Kilroy Thoroughbred Partnership, purchased by Flag Lake #2 for $625,000.
In addition to selling the session two topper, Lane’s End sold three of the top four colts and the top-priced filly during Sunday’s opening session. Lane’s End heartily thanks the buyers!