Can you really have TOO MUCH BLING? Not if you want success on the race track.
Lane’s End Texas’s leading young sire jumped out of the gate quickly in 2010, leading all freshman sires in the state with nearly double the earnings of the second-ranked horse. In 2011, TOO MUCH BLING finished as the leading sophomore sire, too, with over NINE times the earnings of the next sire on the list. Now, TOO MUCH BLING is not only Texas’s leading third-crop sire by a wide margin, and the second-leading general sire in the state, but with five 2012 stakes winners on his resume, is a nationally ranked star in the making. In fact, through Aug. 15, only two third-crop sires in North America–Bernardini ($150,000 fee in ’12) and War Front ($60,000)–had more black-type winners in 2012 that TOO MUCH BLING, who stood for a modest $4,000 this year.
What’s most impressive is that TOO MUCH BLING has achieved this success with limited numbers. According to equineline, TOO MUCH BLING has only 73 foals of racing age, with 48 starters. Yet seven of those foals are stakes winners (10%), and another six have earned black-type. That means an astounding 27% of TOO MUCH BLING’s runners have earned black-type. As one would expect, TOO MUCH BLING has already been shown to improve the mares he’s been bred to, with a 1.47 Average Earnings Index vs. a 1.29 Comparable Index.
Some of the 2012 standouts by TOO MUCH BLING include:
* Significant Bling, 2yo filly who won the $100,000 Mountaineer Juvenile Fillies S., which followed on the heels of a win in the $50,000 Tah Dah S.
* Falling Star, 2yo Lane’s End homebred filly who won the $100,000 TTA Sales Futurity
* Blazing Bling, 2yo filly who won the $50,000 Hoover S.
* Color Code, 3yo Lane’s End homebred filly who won the one-mile, $100,000 Two Altazano S.
* Boca Bay, 3yo Lane’s End homebred gelding who won the 1 1/16-mile, $75,000 Texas Stallion S.
* Sam Sparkle, 4yo ridgling who won the 2011 $60,000 Hunch S. at Aqueduct and came back this year to place in that track’s Shots Are Ringing S. and Time Tested S.
Keep an eye out for yearlings by TOO MUCH BLING at the upcoming Fasig-Tipton Texas Summer Yearling Sale Aug. 27, where he has nine catalogued…all but one through Lane’s End Texas!