Lane’s End is in the midst of an outstanding season, and is the leading consignor in North America by graded stakes winners in 2013. In fact, of the 20 stakes winners who passed through a Lane’s End consignment, a remarkable 12 have won at the graded level–including four Grade 1 winners!
• PALACE MALICE – 3yo colt from the first crop of CURLIN who was bred, raised and sold by Lane’s End. Palace Malice attended a brutal pace in the G1 Belmont S. and overhauled Preakness winner Oxbow to win the third leg of the Triple Crown for owner Dogwood Stable and trainer Todd Pletcher. Also placed in both the G1 Blue Grass S. and G2 Risen Star S., Palace Malice is the seventh Belmont winner sold by Lane’s End, a group that also includes A.P. INDY and LEMON DROP KID. Palace Malice was a Keeneland September grad in 2011
• GRAYDAR – 4yo colt established himself as one of the premier horses in the handicap division with wins in the G1 Donn H. (109 Beyer) and G2 New Orleans H. (103 Beyer). Another bred by Lane’s End, Graydar was a member of our 2010 Keeneland September draft. Todd Pletcher trains the colt for Twin Creeks Racing Stables LLC
• SWAGGER JACK – 5yo son of SMART STRIKE showed that he could be a force in the sprinting division this year with a dramatic rallying win in the G1 Carter H. at Aqueduct Apr. 6. Bred by Ned Evans and sold by Lane’s End for $280,000 at the 2009 Keeneland September Sale, Swagger Jack is owned by Silverton Hills and trained by Marty Wolfson
• LAST FULL MEASURE – 5yo mare, a St. George farm homebred, rallied from last to win the G1 Madison S. at Keeneland Apr. 13. Offered by Lane’s End at the 2009 Keeneland September Sale, Last Full Measure is trained by Phil Oliver
• REVOLUTIONARY – The Lane’s End-bred 3yo colt who ran third in the G1 Kentucky Derby for WinStar Farm and trainer Todd Pletcher. Previously, Revolutionary, a son of WAR PASS, circled the field to win the $1 million G2 Louisiana Derby Mar. 30., that after he overcame tremendous traffic issues to annex the G3 Gotham S. at Aqueduct. Valera Stable purchased Revolutionary for $80,000 at the 2011 Keeneland September Sale. The colt resold at OBS March for $235,000. Revolutionary was produced by Lane’s End homebred and Grade 1 winner Runup the Colors (A.P. INDY) and is from the immediate family of our Horse of the Year MINESHAFT
• HEAR THE GHOST – 3yo Halo Farms and Jerry Hollendorfer colorbearer unleashed a huge late run to chase down Flashback in the G2 San Felipe S. Mar. 9. Bred by Lane’s End in partnership with Lazy F Ranch, Hear the Ghost, a half to G1SW Mani Bhavan from the family of Speightstown, was a savvy $40,000 pick-up by Hollendorfer at the 2011 Keeneland September Sale
• FED BIZ – 4yo colt, a $950,000 KEESEP grad in 2010, collected his first graded success in the G2 San Fernando S. in January and has since placed in the G1 Frank E. Kilroe Mile S. and G2 Strub S. Fed Biz was bred by Richard Santulli’s Colts Neck Stables and is trained by Bob Baffert
• LIAISON – 4yo colt from Bob Baffert barn who as a juvenile won the G1 CashCall Futurity for owner Arnold Zetcher. This year, Liaison’s wins include the G2 Mervyn LeRoy H. at Betfair Hollywood Park and Santana Mile at Santa Anita. Bred by the William A. Carl Estate, Liaison was a$290,000 Keeneland September yearling in 2010
• FLY DOWN – 6yo horse, who was beaten just a nose in the G1 Travers S. and was third in that year’s G1 Breeders’ Cup Classic, won a second straight renewal of the KSA-G2 Crown Prince Cup in Saudi Arabia in January. Fly Down was bred by Lane’s End and Broadway Thoroughbreds and was an $80,000 KEESEP yearling in 2008
• GOCEK – 4yo colt by AFTER MARKET won the G2 Aniversario de la Fundaaion del Jockey Club Peru. Bred by G. Watts Humphrey and Oliver Racing Stable, he was a $15,000 KEESEP yearling in 2010
• SKY KINGDOM – 4yo colt, a $180,000 KEENOV weanling in 2009, wired the field in the G3 Tokyo City H. at Santa Anita while facing a field that included LEMON DROP KID’s MG1SW Richard’s Kid. He was bred by Jim J. FitzGerald
• BATTLE FORCE – 4yo colt, campaigned by Bill Farish’s Woodford Racing, who get his head down over Fed Biz in the Thunder Road S. at Santa Anita for the John Shirreffs barn. Battle Force was bred by Manganaro LLC
• MALEEH – 3yo colt, owned by Shadwell, won off by daylight in the Fred “Cappy” Capossela S. Shadwell paid $350,000 for Maleeh at 2011 KEESEP. Maleeh, an Edward P. Evans-bred son of G1SW Gold Mover, is trained by Kiaran McLaughlin
• AGENT DI NOZZO – 4yo gelding, bred and sold by Lane’s End, rallied from over 14 lengths back to take the $70,000 Borgata S. by 3 1/4 lengths Mar. 23. A $45,000 Keeneland September yearling from Lane’s End in 2010, Agent Di Nozzois owned by Robert & Lawana Low and trained by Steve Margolis
• AMERICAN SUGAR – 3yo filly, a $15,000 KEESEP yearling, dazzled by seven lengths in Oaklawn’s Dixie Belle S. Jan. 20, and more recently won by a head in the $60,000 Goldfinch S. Sold by Lane’s End at the 2011 Keeneland September Sale on behalf of breeder Fares Farm, she won last year’s E.L. Gaylord Memorial S. as a 2yo and also finished third in this season’s G3 Honeybee S.
• Other Lane’s End’s graduates in 2013 include Fusaichiswonderful (bred by Don E. Cain) and Tontona (bred by Palides Investements), both Group 2 winners in Peru.
We thank the breeders, bloodstock agents, trainers and owners who have made this success possible. And, watch for our many consignments this year for your chance to purchase the next star!