February 4, 2014
Lane’s End Farm will be hosting a stallion open house to coincide with the Fasig-Tipton February Sale, from Saturday, February 8th through Monday, February 10th, where breeders can submit sealed bids for stallion seasons to all Lane’s End stallions. Guests will be able to view stallions at the Stallion Barn from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and lunch will be served.
Despite already closed or nearly full books, at least one season from popular stallions Candy Ride, The Factor, Curlin, Smart Strike, Mineshaft, Union Rags and Lemon Drop Kid will be offered. Exciting young stallions Quality Road, Discreetly Mine, Twirling Candy and Morning Line are also expected to draw much attention as their first crops begin to hit the track or the sales ring in 2014.
“This is a great opportunity for breeders.” said Bill Farish, “For breeders wanting to breed to our stallions, including those with closed books, this is their chance to secure a season that may not be available, or potentially at a discounted price. It should be exciting.”
Breeders will submit a sealed bid form for each season with a stallion’s name, bid amount and contact information. The Lane’s End Stallions Seasons team will follow up with bidders to inform them of the result.
Bidding begins this Saturday at 10am and ends Monday February 10th at 5 p.m. See below for the complete list of rules and conditions.
2014 Complete Rules and Conditions
- Breeders’ may bid on a stallion season for any and all Lane’s End stallions.
- Bidding is open Saturday February 8th at 10:00 a.m. through Monday February 10th at 5:00 p.m.
- Breeders may submit one (1) bid per stallion per contract holder.
- Successful bidders that wish to breed multiple mares at the bid price may do so at the discretion of Lane’s End staff.
- Breeders’ may submit their bid at the Lane’s End Stallion barn during the open house, Saturday – Monday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Bids may also be submitted over the phone or via e-mail.
- Bidders do not need to be present to win.
- A mare name is not required at the time of bidding, but successful bidders will be notified as such and they must then name a mare. The mare is subject to approval by Lane’s End staff.
- Successful bidders must be in good standing with Lane’s End Farm
- Lane’s End reserves the right to accept or refuse any bid without reason.
- Bids are successful solely at Lane’s End discretion.
- A bid is NOT a binding contract.
- All seasons will be sold “live foal stands and nurse” contracts except the season to Candy Ride, which will be sold No Guarantee.
- Winning bidders will adhere to the terms and conditions of the stallion season contract.
- Winning bids will not include commission of any kind. The winning bid amount is the amount payable to Lane’s End within the terms of the standard stallion season contract.
- Successful bids are subject to sales tax.
- Any stallion season may be withdrawn from the auction at the discretion of Lane’s End.
- Successful bidders may not sell, transfer or otherwise assign the stallion season to any party.
- Lane’s End holds the right to alter all rules and conditions listed above without notification to participants.
- Successful bids will be for new contracts only. Existing contract holders may bid but if successful the bid is applicable only for a new stallion season contract.