May 8, 2014
When a horse wins the G2 Risen Star S. early in his 3yo year, then comes back to take the G1 King’s Bishop S. and G2 Amsterdam S. by a combined 10 lengths, it’s safe to say that horse has the sort of versatility, class and speed that horsemen look for in racing prospects.
So it was no surprise that juveniles from the first crop of MINESHAFT’s outstanding son DISCREETLY MINE–the four-time graded stakes winner of nearly $800,000–have been in high demand this spring at the 2yo-in-training sales.
DISCREETLY MINE juveniles have sold for up to $250,000, while his $80,625 average speaks to the quality and depth of his stock.
Here are some of the highlights:
- $250,000 colt at OBSMAR (purchased by Cheyenne Stables) – a son of the Grade I-performing New York juvenile Collegiate (Saarland)
- $210,000 colt at OBSAPR (purchased by West Point Thoroughbreds) – out of the juvenile stakes winner Rockin On (Swiss Yodeler)
- $200,000 colt at OBSMAR (purchased by Narvick International) – from the multiple New York stakes performer Darling Monique (El Corredor)
- $120,000 colt at OBSMAR (purchased by Klaravich Stable) – half to three graded winners, including MGSW Unlimited Budget
- $100,000 colt at OBSAPR (purchased by Ted Graling & Norm Tremblay, R. Diodoro, agent) – out of MSW and multiple stakes producer Gowestforgold (Java Gold)
- $100,000 colt at OBSAPR (purchased by Happy Tenth Stable) – out of a full to UAE Oaks and 1000 Guineas winner Folk
DISCREETLY MINE has five juveniles catalogued at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale–keep an eye out for these exciting youngsters!