February 4, 2016
Lane’s End Farm will be hosting a stallion season auction & open house to coincide with the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Mixed Sale. Breeders can submit bids for stallion seasons to all Lane’s End stallions. The Open House will take place from Saturday February 6th through Tuesday February 9th. Guests will be able to view stallions at the Stallion Barn from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and lunch will be served.
Despite already closed or nearly full books, a season from stallions, City Zip, The Factor, Honor Code, Liam’s Map, Twirling Candy etc. will be offered. Exciting young stallions Union Rags and Noble Mission (GB) are also expected to draw much attention as their first crops begin to hit the track or the sales ring in 2016.
“This event has done very well for the farm and breeders alike. We’re very pleased to host the season auction again this year.” said Bill Farish, “For those wanting to breed to our stallions, this is their chance to secure a season that may not be available, or potentially at a lower price. We’d like to encourage everyone to make it out to the stallion barn and see our stallions including the four new G1 winning millionaires, Tonalist, Mr Speaker, Honor Code and Liam’s Map.”
Breeders will submit a bid form for each season with a stallion’s name, bid amount and contact information. The Lane’s End Stallions Seasons team will follow up with bidders to inform them of the result.
Bidding will open on Saturday February 6th and close at 5:00 p.m. Wednesday February 10th. Breeders may place their bids either in person at the open house, over the phone or via email.
See below for the complete list of rules and conditions.
STALLION SEASON AUCTION RULES & CONDITIONS
- Breeders may bid on a stallion season for any Lane’s End stallion.
- Bidding is open Saturday February 6th at 10:00 a.m. through Wednesday February 10th at 5:00 p.m.
- Breeders may submit one (1) bid per stallion per contract holder.
- Breeders may submit their bid at the Lane’s End Stallion barn during the open house, Saturday through Tuesday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Bids may also be submitted over the phone or via e-mail.
- Bidders do not need to be present to win.
- A mare name is not required at the time of bidding, but successful bidders will be notified as such and they must then name a mare. The mare is subject to approval by Lane’s End.
- Successful bidders must be in good standing with Lane’s End Farm.
- Lane’s End reserves the right to accept or refuse any bid without reason.
- A bid is NOT a binding contract.
- All seasons will be sold “live foal stands and nurse” unless otherwise specified. Honor Code and Liam’s Map will be sold as no guarantee seasons.
- Winning bidders will adhere to the terms and conditions of the stallion season contract.
- Successful bids are subject to sales tax.
- Any stallion season may be withdrawn from the auction at the discretion of Lane’s End.
- Successful bidders may not sell, transfer or otherwise assign the stallion season to any party.
- Successful bids will be for new contracts only. Existing contract holders may bid, but if successful, the bid is applicable only for a new stallion season contract.